Monday, September 27, 2010

Drinking it in

Today I had the privilege of going to institute again. I went with Tasia and Teren to a class about Doctrines of the Gospel taught by Brother King. It was incredible. My soul suddenly became the world's largest sponge and sucked in every word I could. We learned about pre-mortal existence, our divinity,why we are here, trials and things to come, and the responsibility we have to become and remain righteous in these last days . I was able to see and hear things I never ever thought or considered before today. It was incredible. I love to feel the Spirit distill upon my soul. Right now, it feels like a blanket wrapped snuggly around my heart. After class we just sat there because none of us wanted to leave. We were able to register Teren for two institute classes. All of us will go at 11 o'clock every Monday through Thursday, until I leave. Also, we're planning on doing a study group from 9-10 pm on certain nights. Tonight is the first meeting, so we'll decide how many days we'd like to do it. I am just so excited to be immersed in the good things of this world and to be surrounded by such amazing people who inspire me to do so much better. I feel this is exactly what I need to start getting back into the swing of things again, the protection and battle armor I need to do the things that I need to.  Today I felt like Martha, sitting at the feet of Christ. Too often, I surround myself with things to keep me busy and get distracted from what is important in this life. So, by surrounding myself by those good things, it'll be easier not to neglect those things and create good habits. Here's hoping! Update: I am obviously still in the United States. We've been having some visa problems, but hopefully they'll be resolved soon and I'll leave immediately upon my receiving it. I'll keep you all informed. Until then, Ciao! and may God be with you.

No comments:

Followers