Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tender Mercies

Hey Guys...Sorry its been such a long time. I just wanted to tell you a little about my weekend. Well, the good news is that I got a letter from Tyson and Teren and Derek ACTUALLY sent me an EMAIL!!!! ( crazy, huh?) It also was a very difficult one, fraught with drama, tears and mayhem that I am greatly surprised I lived through. Before you hear my ginormous shpeal, I want to tell you about a little experience that happened to me this morning. Due to my emotional and frazzled state, I forgot a scantron for my ridiculous chemistry exam this morning. Luckily, my professor was kind enough to provide me with one. So I finally sit down and start to take my test and realize I need my calculator. My calculator ran out of battery last week, so I proceeded to use my only other option- my cell phone. If you weren't already aware, cell phones round up to only two decimal places, so my answers weren't as accurate. In that instance, I prayed that Heavenly Father would somehow make my other calculator work, so I wouldn't totally crash and burn on the exam. I had an impression to take it out and wiggle the back up batteries. I'd done that several times the week before and it hadn't worked, but I followed the impression. I nervously turned the calculator over and pushed the power button. TADAH!!!! It worked!! So I was able to get approximate answers and get SOME questions right. (hopefully) It was such a miracle. I just thought I'd tell you about that. It was a miracle in itself that Deek actually wrote me an email, but He made my calculator work too! The Lord is such an incredible man! The fact that he takes time to listen to me and help with little problems is so incredible! I love him so much! Anyways, I thought I'd share that really quick. Hope all of you are having a great day!
(Ps- I thought this Calvin and Hobbes Strip summed up my feelings toward my exam today. )

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Hope your test went well! Today has been full of tender mercies for me too... postponed tests and due dates and stuff. Hallelujah! :D
I'm glad you're doing better, I had a feeling things would be okay :)
Love ya Squeather Ann!

<3/ Maddie

Heather Jepsen said...

Ah, Thanks so much Madeline! Things are starting to look up. Hope your day went well too! Love you!

Abbs said...

i wanna hear what Deek wrote to you!!!!!! :O
xo

Followers