Friday, May 6, 2011

Meet the Robertsons


These adorable terrors are now my life. Aren't they so cute?! Meet the Robertsons, people! From left to right is Kade, who happens to be six years old, a fireball, a music genius, a sweetheart, who happens to have a need for speed. He really really likes driving my car, visiting grandma, going new places (one of which happens to be the library) helping out, and having fun. All the time. Kade is also a flirt. The first day I started working he asked if I was married and had kids of my own. When I said no, he was so upset. "why!? you're so fun! I wish you had kids! Then I'd have cool kids to play with! Yesterday he asked Are you ever going to have a baby? I want to see your baby. Lets just say we have awesome conversations. He is quick to love others and the first day I went home he told his mom I was the best babysitter he's ever had and wants to keep me around forever. The third night he missed me a lot. Essentially it was Kade that helped open the door to the others to like me. We're pretty tight buds. Must be a middle child thing. haha.


Next to Kade is DREW or Drewbee. Every time you ask him how he is he answers I'm two! bahaha He's absolutely way too cute for his own good. Drew has an insatiable need for speed, so he's constantly playing on his scooter, Handy Many ATV (its his bike), jumping off of things, wanting to ride in the car or running to and fro. Drew also likes music, Thomas the Train and anything associated with it, sings often, has quite the attitude that comes out when he starts to dance, is in love with Toy Story and likes to sit and mimic the motorcycles revving across the way at the Kawasaki bike shop. I'm guessing he's going to either be a stunt man, a pro BMX racer, or an accountant. He likes to count as he goes up and down the stairs. (Always starting with 6 of course I.e. siix, one, two, fooaah, free, seeeben, two, free, fooah, five, nine ten!) He also really likes girls. He'll be playing on the playground and just stop and walk up to them, stare at them in awe two inches away from their face and then proceed to chase them all over. A man in the making, right there.

Next to Drewbee is the awesome, adorable, sweet Riley. Riley is 8, is in second grade and is a genius. He's good at everything he touches, especially anything physical. His best friend and sometimes worst enemy is his brother Kade. I don't get to see Ri as much as I'd like to, but that'll soon change when school gets out in a couple weeks. He's also extremely energetic, pretty responsible and an amazing big brother.

All three kids are ADD (most likely ADHD) so its like watching six boys most of the time, but I love them already. This experience is already teaching me so much about how I will be as a future mother. I want to start implementing more structure for things- certain days to go and do things, activities for each day so they don't feel trapped. I'll get a rhythm going. I also have been trying to pace myself. They aren't all going to love and adore me at once, so I have to be patient and keep showing them my love for them in my actions and words. I hope that I can help these kids in different aspects of their life, but I want to be there for them, support them and love them, no matter what happens, no matter who I marry, where I go, the places i see. We'll see what the future holds for these amazing kids. I just want them to know that they are amazing and they have infinite worth. That's my prayer, at least. Here's hoping I wont ruin them! Keep it real readers!

1 comment:

KyleKBateman said...

I choose to comment on this blog.
That sounds rad Heather. You're the perfect woman for the job, or amn for that matter. Here I should let you know that i made a sexist assumption that the men would do well, but not as well as a few select ladies, and having established that, to say of all those ladies you are the perfect one for the job. Satisfactory? Yes, I agree, and wholeheartedly indeed :-)

Followers