Friday, September 23, 2011

Can she fix it!?

These are the curtains in the living room-next on my project list, however, the ones in the dining room were exact replicas. I..took them DOWN.


Charming, aren't they? ew.

Gearing up for some spackle and paint work yo

Armed and Dangerous ( I really like drills, I've decided )


A drill entrusted in the hands of a woman? hmm...

Brand new wall! After a bunch of construction. haha. 

Stupid wall. How was I supposed to know it was laced with uranium, plutonium and  Tayler Lautner's abbs!? My drill couldn't even power through the blasted thing.
Not even all my fancy toys could fix it. :'( 

So I wept bitterly. and then used my squishy pink think and took a different, make-shift approach

so we put up the curtains and I thought it looked like a bad flashback to "I Dream of Genie" or like I just walked into a sultan's secret chambers to smoke some hookah. Ick. too old lady. REDO!

A bit better. 

Not bad, huh? 


So, to celebrate we ordered legit Chinese Take-out!!! SO cool. Half the time I didn't know what I was eating. But it was good! Fortune say " You will always have good luck in your personal affairs. " I agree. :) To which I'm eternally grateful.

Today I decided to get like handy manny and fix some stuff! Woot. This is kind of a play by play of my day.  So today Suzanne asked me to take down some of the drapes in the dining room and replace it with some others that she bought. Easy enough, right? I donned my tool belt and was READY!!!  Yeah, I'm going to put this up in no time! I'm going to put my dad to shame and do this in RECORD time cuz he's slow and ANYONE whose anyone can put up a stupid curtain-rod thingamajig. * Bangs, clatters, consultation, more banging, trail, error, sweat, tears (not really), lots of laughter, more banging, drywall dust and paint flecks, coughing, sputtering, adjusting, leveling, leveling, leveling, tweaking, adjust. phew, ok? ew. tweak, adjust, level. ok? ...it works. phew.*

 ....Sometimes I'm too arrogant for my own good. After deciding that I needed to drill six holes in the wall, I needed to take down and cover up the old crap first. First I had to take apart the beastly curtain which was actually attached via custom made board AND ghetto grandma trailer curtain fixture. It left a plethora of holes. all over the wall. So I filled them and wiped down the wall, attempted prying off hole sockets but that didn't work, so i went downstairs into the dank, dark dungeon of a basement in search for elderberry paint. The room was filled with dismembered dolls, old Christmas decorations, camping supplies, odds and ends, broken furniture, an exercise bike and viola, elderberry paint. winna winna chicken dinna! So after high tailing it back to the part of the world where the sun shined, I merrily mixed and applied copious amounts of elderberry paint to said holy wall. Wait 2-3 hours. During said time I bought THIS !  Isn't it perfect? Plus I got 15% and free shipping, so it only ended being 212 bucks! 

Back to project. Drilling. More drilling because I started with a smaller bit and the screw covers wouldn't fit. Then 2 of my holes wouldn't drill any deeper because part of my wall was lined with freaking plutonium, I swear! So i had to think. hard. and be creative. I used screws from our old fixture for a make shift solution. Then we put the curtains up. (2 are still backwards- I have to fix it tomorrow) My original plan ended up looking like a badly decorated tent from a hookah festival. So we went with plan b. It looks much better. All it all, it was a delightful, crazy awesome experience. Very cathartic and actually fun and fulfilling!  I can't wait to paint the house. I'll look sooo good!  Anyway, to award my mad craftsmanship, we had legit NEW YORK CHINESE TAKE-OUT!!! I felt like Sandra Bullock as I called and a crazy chinese lady answered and asked what I wanted "WHAT YOU WANT?!" "Em, can I have 2 number 16's?" "WHAT YOU NUMBA?!" "OK BE READY *mumled* MINUTE!" and before i could say thank you, she hung up. I drove up to the dingy hole in the wall restaurant (no lie, is RIGHT next to a dry cleaners) and picked up the food.  "17 dolla! Was 17.01 but I give you break.  You nice lady." haha I have no idea what was in my egg roll, but it was good. Anyway, all in all it was a very good, fulfilling day. I'll let you know how my other projects are coming along. Until then readers, peace out! 

1 comment:

Abbs said...

you realize that you spelled 'abs' wrong right? when i read 'Taylor Lautner's abbs', i got confused...since when did i ever become Taylor's, & why hasn't he tried to contact me?! :'(
xoxo

Followers