Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This is NOT a food blog...but it could be :)

BEHOLD! 

 MY CREATION!!!

 MWahahahahahahAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

 (*DASH OF THUNDER, SPRIG OF LIGHTNING, AND A HINT OF MORE INSANE, MANIACAL LAUGHTER*) 

VIOLA!!! you get this....

 

Yes. This is an actual photograph of the creation, not some crap from pintrest. Please be polite. He doesn't enjoy being stared at for copious amounts of time... Or drool for that matter.

What is this beautiful concoction taunting you on the other side of a screen? Well, I'll tell you. Its a whole wheat angel hair pasta, swirled in a sweet, roasted red pepper, parmesan and butternut squash marinara, dressed with fresh, garden grown summer squash, tomatoes, basil and garlic, and topped off with mozzarella and basil. It was delicious, folks and incredibly simple to make! Who says that delicious food can't be healthy and fast? The picture above is proof that this can happen! 

I get the opportunity to cook more and I'm starting to create beauties like this every day. I love it. If more of you are interested, I'll post my recipes here in the future. I think that working on making  beautiful food is a good distraction for me right now in my life.  And I love sharing it! So if you have any suggestions, ideas, or just want to try a bite, comment, call and let me know. :)  I don't want to turn my blog primarily into a foodie haven because that's not entirely who I am. I enjoy writing for the sake of writing and I shy away from doing anything mainstream unless it is, without a doubt, an expression of who I am.  So, with that said, if I DO indeed start a challenge, I won't be completely erased. :)  Thanks for reading, my friends! I hope that you take the time to create something beautiful today in your world and sharing with others makes it worthwhile.  Until next time.

No comments:

Followers