Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another snippet that needs to be in the movie of my life


You know that your Friday nights need to improve when you head over to Barnes and Noble for some entertainment. Evie and I opted out on the opportunity to cook in a cesspool of bacterium, staph infection and std's with some attractive men and we ate razzle-berry pie and ranted about stupid boys instead. (A much better idea, if you ask me. I'm a germ-a-phobe and a feminist, if you can't tell) After our binge fest, we hopped in the car and blasted awesome Spanish music (I'm in love with Joanes(pronounced huan-es for you gringo's out there)). The subject, who I will introduce in a moment, must have heard our music blaring from the parking lot and knew as the wind blew my beautiful auburn hair that I was the easy, naive white girl that could show him a good time. As I was taking a gander at the 'Oooh! Buy me! I'll teach you a pointless activity and make you so much cooler!' section with Evieface, a small Hispanic man approaches me and starts asking me questions. "Are ju from round here?" "It snow here?" "It snow in Cedar, where I live." Me, being friendly and still having faith in the human race, decided to engage in this man's game. I was hoping that he was just a nice guy, wishing to engage in normal everyday conversation. Drilling commences...

"How old are you?"
Oh I'm getting old. hahah I'm 20.
"oh, ju are old."
"So Ju student? working?"
I guess you can say I'm working. I work odd jobs here and there. I'm pretty much a menace to society.
All the while Evie is freaking out, trying to distract me, yelling random things like "look, a cupcake book! How adorable! We should look at that Heather!" "Look, is that an obscure man that we know." Its taking all that she is to not completely go Cuban on this little man.
"So are you married? Single?"
hahaha oh wow. *more nervous laughter* ( I REALLY didn't want to tell him I was, but I couldn't lie. I already was feeling bad for being so snarky)*dramatic pause* I'm single. but that's fine with me. I prefer it that way. I love being single! Men are such a drag.
I was hoping with all that I was that my response was dejection enough, but alas. Men don't understand hints. ESPECIALLY Latin ones. (its not a racist comment. its the truth)
"you have phone? can I get jour number?"
Just as Evie was about to grab my arm, say "No quieres!"(translation: she doesn't want you) and pull me out of the mall by my hair, I said 'I'm sorry, but I never give that out. Have a good night.'
He thanked me for talking with him and he skulked away as we giggled, shocked that it just happened to ME of all people.
So my faith was restored in the fact that creepy men, no matter what race, age, and religion, still find me attractive. Huzzah . *cacophony of eye-rolling commences*
For the record, picking up a girl in a book store usually doesn't work. And if you really, REALLY, want to attempt to pick up a girl in a bookstore, make sure she isn't looking at Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Bronte, or awesome anatomy books and you're in the children's section reading the latest edition of Thomas the Train: Thomas goes to the moon with the monkeys. Just a suggestion.
Here's hoping NEXT Friday will be fraught with more adventure and maybe actually getting hit on by an attractive male! hmm. Well a girl can dream can't she? haha anyway, keep it real readers! Much love. Here's hoping your love life is more exciting than mine.

1 comment:

Cody R. Eckman said...

I'd be MORE likely to talk a girl up if she was reading Bronte or Tolstoy. Jussayin'.

Followers