Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gratitude Alphabet of Awesomeness- a list for Jenni

Hi Readers! Ok, so I've been doing a lot of ranting lately. Things have been difficult, but I really have so much to be grateful for. Here is an alphabet of just a few things I am grateful for this morning. Its also a list, because Jenni loves lists. and I love her. Ok. Here goes.

A-Apple Dapple. I'm eating it right now. Great-great grandma, you're a genius! I'm very grateful for your ingenious recipes that are still in use today.
B- The Book of Mormon. I love reading and feeling the words feed my spirit and I love the influence it has on the hearts of humanity.
C-the Christensen family. They truly are the best surrogate family anyone could ever ask for. I can't thank them enough for all that they've given me, for all the support and constant love, for dealing with me when I'm such a menace to society, and for putting up with all my quirks and imperfections. They truly help me to be better. I don't know what I would do without them.
D-Dreams and the opportunity to remember and pursue them.
E-Eggplant. Its a very under appreciated vegetable. I don't understand why. Its tasty AND purple! Come on, people!
F-Freedom to be who I am, to live in this beautiful country and choose. oh and add Family and fantastic friends!
G-Globes.
H-Halo. I love you honey! Thank you for being such a bright light in my life! You help me to be better everyday! Thank you fore putting up with this crazy mom.
I-Igloos. So ingenious. I've decided if I had an igloo, it would be aqua. And I'd have a pet walrus named Waldo. and it would be a magic igloo that never melted and that had heated tile floors, a roaring fire and custom furniture to go with the ice motif.
J-jugglers. I feel they're under appreciated as well. They shouldn't be! They have amazing hand-eye coordination, do a million things at once with a smile and can probably still chew gum while walking when throwing razor-sharp knives. Plus, i wouldn't want to cross them. If you happen to be nasty, They could incorporate you into their act and just not catch one of the knives right as it flies directly over your head. I think of these things all the time. oh and I love Jenni. :)
K-Kitchen appliances and Kyle. Both rank superior in my book.
L-light. Natural, twinkling, starlight, candlelight. I love it all.
M-Missionary work, Mandy, Mothers,Made-line Anne, mud,Moe(my future starfish,) midgets and monkeys.
N-Nine puppies who let me jab sharp needles into their hind legs yesterday.I was able to administer vaccines to them yesterday. They helped reaffirm that I can aspire to be a doctor and I know I can do a good job.
O-opportunity to use the power of the atonement everyday, to start again, repent and become better.
P-Peter Pan, duh.
Q-Quills, Quilts, and Quasimodo. (also under appreciated.)
R- Romance. hahahah SO just kidding. How about row boats? Razors? really great soap?
S-singing- I love that I have the ability to raise my voice to express the feelings of my soul. I love music, the ability I have to make music and share that bond with others. Its truly a wonderful medicine and unifying power of humanity.
T-Traveling and exploring the world-experiencing how beautiful the world really can be. and to add to my favorite T's- Te, Taz (I will be forever indebted to you both-you are such a light and wonderful part of my life and I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you for being some of very best friends I could ever ask for), Tyson, Tern, Terynn, and any other lovely T's that I left out!
U-umbrellas. especially yellow and red ones.
V-Victor Dostoevsky and other obscure Russians who rock. and the vomer bone and the visceral pericardium.
W-words. I love being able to spin phrases together, to freely be verbose, and the opportunity to expand my vocabulary. Thank you word of the day!
X-xanthan gum
Y-years (20 to be exact) of living life in only the way that I can. I'm grateful for what I've been able to see, touch, taste, smell and feel with all my heart up to this point. I'm grateful for the years ahead and for the opportunities that await me.
Z-Zimbabwe, zebras and everything AFRICAN!!! oh and zippers.

There you go. And I'm grateful for you because you actually made it through reading that horrendously long thing! Take time to look at the blessings you've been given and thank God for all the wonder that He has so graciously bestowed upon you and those who matter the most to you. It makes all the difference. Thank you for blessing my life and for your influence. Much love. Make a great day, readers.

3 comments:

Tasia said...

Heather I loved this! In fact I think I am going to steal this idea and post it on facebook because I am not cool enough to have a blog....yet! I had to laugh inside because I am sitting in my finance class, so I smiled (and my teacher is probably thinking yup not paying attention). Love ya!

The Moosmans said...

I love you! I never thought of eggplant as a PURPLE vegetable! Now I have to eat it just because it is purple. :) Oh and you forgot the most important one for K......Kindi DUH!

Madeline said...

You are so great :) Thanks for thinking of me and putting me on your list! You would definitely be in my letter "H" or maybe "S" haha :) p.s. I miss you! I hope that funk's gone away, but if not, you know why it hasn't... because we haven't chatted in for, like, ever! That could put anyone into a funk ;P

Followers